Monday, October 16, 2006

Not alot of time lately.

to be posting..
been back and forth from the hospital, visiting friends(to keep myself sane), raising my offspring, trying to keep myself together still... :)
Luc is still improving on a daily basis. He has recently started to move his left leg slightly when i ask him to do so for me.
he is also trying to open his left arm by himself.. mosly by pulling on it with his right hand. but he is still trying.
his sense of humor is kinda coming back..
His short term memory is totally gone.
can tell him the date and ten minutes later he doesnt know it.
:(
that is supposedly something that will come back(hopefully mostly) over time.
it seems like though if you tell him something for a week straight he gets it.
he knows he is in dawson creek now.. that im his wife, that we have a baby girl named Karma... etc..
for some strange reason he thinks my parents last name is my mothers maiden name though.. how he remembered the name "Tauffenbach" i will never know..
lol
anywho.. gotta run.. gotta get him some more cloths today, some plastic for the babies bedroom window(it snowed last night) and some weather stripping(my front door is drafty)
ttyal!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, honey. Holy smokes, I can't believe Luc remembered "tauffenbach" either! That's quite the surprise. I'm glad he is improving and I know you are doing ok. I love you, Karma and Luc. Give him hugs for us.

Tammy said...

Hey Andrea,

I can't imaging how hard this is for you. I only hope that put in the same situation I would be able to keep it together so well. It's ok to crack now and then too though. I still think you are doing an amazing job and I count myself blessed to have ever come in contact with you. Luc seems to be fighting to get back to you and Karma and his life with you both. Luv you all and you are always in my thoughts. Tears are healing!!!

Tammy

kessler clan said...

Listen to Tammy, She seems to be a very bright person. I couldn't have said it better myself. Hang in there hun, and I f you ever want to vent to someone and crack to a human person, you know how to get ahold of me. Love you guys. TTYL

Anonymous said...

You're a champ!

Tammy said...

Hope all is well with you and Karma and Luc. Just thought I would pop in and say hey.