Saturday, October 28, 2006

Luc is going to rehab soon

Ive been meaning to post this, but have forgotten everytime i come online. :)
was about a week or so ago that i got word that he will be leaving..
:( i will miss him... well not like i dont miss "him" everyday
hopefully around x-mas i will be able to take Karma for a visit to see her daddy.. bring him some presents.
And when i get there hopefully he will be doing somewhat better.. maybe he will be walking :)
maybe he will talk more clearly..
He tends to throw in a few random words when he speaks now.. Like ontario, underwear, aspects, respect, relative. They tend to be every other word out of his mouth.. its like he cant find the right word and ends up saying one of those words instead..
like one day he told me " my aspect hurts" so i asked what his aspect was, to point at it. he touched his nose and said " my aspect... my .. my ... my nose."
and when i ask him if he understands every word i say to him he says yes.. and when i ask if he cant always make sense when he tries to talk he said yes i cant..
I think he knows what he wants to say, but it doesnt come out the way it does in his head.
hopefully he will have improved in that area once i see him around x-mas...
till then though i go see him everyday.. trying to get him to talk normally. Giving him love and affection..
the physiotherapist told me he does much better and its easier for her to do her job when i am there with him.. but i also bribe him to take steps with kiss's :)
so i think that helps..
Oh.. the other day i went in and he was writing..
I asked him to write i love you and he did.. then i asked him to write my name.. he said no.. i asked him " please? it will make me happy, and in return i will do something to make u happy." Well.. like any normal male his age, his head is in the gutter.. cause he looked at me.. and said......
"suck my weiner".....!!!!!!!!!!!! The nurse that was standing there just about busted a gut laughing !! so did i actually..so i know my hubby is still somewhat the man he once was :)
more later... lol

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It sounds as though he is really fighting to get himself back to the way he was. Sounds as though his personality will make a full recovery at the very least. Where is he going for rehab? I hope he does very well. You are doing sooo awesome (even when you feel like you arent). Karma is going to grow up to be a very strong person-just look at her parents!!!