Monday, September 18, 2006

Took Karma to see Daddy today!!

It was cool.. I told him that if he smiled at Karma she might smile back at him since she has gotten pretty good at smiling. He smiled at her 3 times in an effort to get her to smile back at him.. he kept reaching out to touch her, and he tried to grab her once.. I had to take her away from him then so that he didnt break her little leg. He still grips pretty tight and doesnt let go...
but he kept on kissing her on the head when i put her close enough for him to do so. He kissed her bye today as well. He really seemed to enjoy it when the nurse helped me lean her on his shoulder.. (she held his hand away so that he wouldnt grab her and possibly hurt her..) But all in all it was a good day for him i think. He got to see his baby girl and touch her and kiss her. I'm just really happy that he made the attempt to smile at her in the hopes she would smile back. :) He hasn't smiled for me at all since one time in edmonton. :)
This made my day, I think he remembers her and wants to be able to hold her and be the good daddy to her that i keep telling him he is. The fact that he tried to smile for her was awesome!!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Thats amazing!!!! I am sure Karma loved seeing her Daddy too. Does Luc understand why he cant hold her or really touch her yet? I hope so. I know it must be very tough still for you. You are doing an amazing job though and I am sooo excited for you to get your hubby back!!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea I'm soo happy for you that he's doing better!! I'm sure your love and comfort have everything to do with his improvments!! If you ever need anything, please call me!! Were all here for you guy's! Sending you all my love and support!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea that is great news!! We are so happy for you, Luc and Karma. Babies just have a way of making people happy. It sounds really positive and we can only hope and pray that with everyday you will see more improvements in Luc.
love you lots
Auntie Lori

Anonymous said...

i am so happy to hear tt there are improvements. con't to be strong.

i saw the video u made. it touched my heart. it reminds me tt life is fragile n there is a need to treasure every moment we have with our loved ones.

ur family will con't to be in my prayers.


oh..i changed my blog too. ;-)