Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Belly Casting :)

Got this idea from Christine!! Thanks Chris!!

Click to enlarge.

This is stage one of this project!! I cast my belly yesterday and now that it is dry enough I am going to trim the edges today and put a thin layer of plaster on it so that tomorrow I can sand it smooth. At a later date I will be taking it and spray painting it bronze and hanging it on the wall... lol
Just wanted something to remember pregnancy by as I dont think I will have anymore after this one.. unless its an oops.. :)
Anyway, will post more pics as it progress's :)

5 comments:

Tammy said...

thats cool.Totally can't wait to see the progress

starbender said...

that is sooooooooooooooo cooool-
what did u use 2 do that with???
:o

andrea said...

you go to a medical supply store and buy the gauze with plaster on it like the stuff hospitals use to cast broken limbs. :) then just cut into strips and dampen in some tepid water, then put it on your body :) simple really, but have to put vaseline on your skin first so that it comes off.. otherwise it hurts.. lol

Seenie said...

Man i wish i woulda thought of that! Thats sooo cool no better way to remind yourself how big da baby belly got! 8)

Christine Hart said...

I have to commend your industrious diy nature :) And good job btw! Lots of people order kits or even hire an artist. Can't wait to see it painted!