Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas was good

The hospital staff were all really nice. Luc is doing so well, he was able to squeeze my hand with his left hand(the one he couldnt move). He is wheeling himself around pretty good(pulling himself along with his right leg and trying with his left one as well, but not as much or as well). He didnt ramble much when i was there. For example, he didnt say the word "executive" once the whole time i was there. For those of you that have missed some of my posts, he was using a random word to fill in the blanks for a while there. He didnt do that once the whole time i was there.

It was so sweet. :) I held Karma on his knee and asked if he wanted to give her a little bouncy horsey ride on his knee. So he gently bounced her and would keep reaching out to her then pull his hand back.. I asked him if he wanted her off his knee and he said" No, i just dont want to drop her":) He is being such a good daddy.
He tried to put her sucky in her mouth for her, but he couldnt reach her at the angle she was at to him. He saw me play with her nosey and reached up and did it too. He was always soooooo very gentle with her. I was really impressed. I helped him open his xmas gifts, he read all the cards. Then he tried to help open Karma's gifts for her, so she wouldnt be able to eat the paper :)

Talked to the Rec. Therapist while i was there. He came in on boxing day with his two little poodles. One of them licked Karma and she started to cry :) it was cute. He has set up an email addy for Luc. Friday before i left he emailed me a message. He did really well for only using one hand. There were some random letters and numbers in there but for the most part he kept on track with his message. And apparently the rec therapist was impressed with how well luc did on the computer. I guess luc sat and played solitaire for about 45 mins one day. :)

LOL.. at one point while i was there, i had gotten luc a coffee. My parents called my cell and we talked with them.. Luc was done talking to my dad so he handed me the phone and wanted his coffee..(which i was holding for him) I mentioned to luc that the lid wasnt on properly, and my dad asked what was going on. I told him i was just helping luc with his coffee and holding it for him. So my dad laughed and called me lucs coffee bitch.. :)
i laughed and luc asked what my dad had said.. so i told him.. Luc laughed and said" If i called you my bitch you would make sure i hit the floor" :)
lol
He still has a really good sense of humor even with all his injuries.

Any way. Lots of good things happened while i was there. Got absolutely no pics unfortunatly. Forgot the camera.. got a little video footage of him opening his and karma's presents but ended up at the end of the tape :(
will post some pics of Karma on her site soon :P

3 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

Hey Andrea...Glad to hear that things are going well. I'm very impressed at how he is recovering. All the best in the new year!

Tammy said...

Awesome to hear all the improvements!!!!! I am sooo happy for you. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. Can't wait to see more pics of Karma!

kessler clan said...

hey, what is lucd emsil address. Sorry I haven't called over the holiday, some stuff happened here that I don't want to get into here. Been dealing with that. Anyway, hoping to phone him today. Send me his address to my email, I would love to hear from him. I am so glad that you had a great Christmas, he sounds like he is doing great. Boy has he ever come a long way from when i saw him last, only a few months ago. Talk to you later
Lesley