Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Literally just got back from edmonton.

Luc still is in a coma. There have been some minor improvements though.. he now brings his arms up when they suction his trach out.. he has also started to move his feet.. as of friday he hadnt done any of that. he isnt on life support.. he breaths and his heart beats on its own. He isnt braindead.. there is activity, otherwise he wouldnt be moving (or living without machines). Ken, anytime you are there feel free to go visit him.. he is in u of a hospital.. once he is out of the neurosurgical icu i think you can go visit him in the recovery room... they are just waiting for a bed for him to open up. And any of his other friends that want to visit, just remember to talk to him and hold his hand and stuff.. i truly think it helps.. he hadnt done any improving his whole time in hospital, and after a solid day of familiar loving contact he started to improve...
more later as i find things out...
Karma is almost over her colic!! :)
and she is getting chubby!!!! i love her.. she is the only thing keeping me sane right now...

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy to hear he is doing better. Any idea of a recovery time? Good to hear Karma is getting better too. If you ever need anything, even if it just to vent, let me know. I know you have family and friends and such to talk to but sometimes a virtual stranger is easier to unload to. Remember to look after you too. Still in all of my thoughts and lots of candles lit for you!!!

starbender said...

I came by 2 say the same as Tammy!
Good Luck 2 U hon, we are all hoping things improve!
:)

kessler clan said...

You are such a strong person!!! You have so much more strength then I do. I don't think I would beable to hold it together like you are, with or without child. My daughter is everyhting to me, but if anything happened to Quinn, I would be a wreck. I hope that I will be at least half the person you are if i ever come across a crisis, half as intense as yours. We love you guys very much, and you are part of our family forever. If you need anything please call. I am only 1.5 hour away and doesn't take much to get to you. Please do not hesitate to ask. I will do anything for family!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is doing at least a little better, I really hope and pray he comes home to you and Karma soon. Was thinking of calling you to see how he was doing but I didn't think you wanted to be bothered, so please keep us posted, thanks, Nadine from Vernon. Sharon from Tekmar hopes Luc gets well soon, he is in all our thoughts.

Garry Nixon said...

God Almighty Andrea! Been away from the blogosphere so just catching up... You're in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Tammy said...

How are you? hope all is still getting better. Luv you all